Joyce
Joyce asked Michael J. Sullivan:

Hi Michael: I want to request our library to order the First Empire series, where can they be purchased? Thanks!

Michael J. Sullivan Hey Joyce,
Thanks for the interest. I think The First Empire is going to be really special. At this point they can't be purchased anywhere yet. Let me fill you in on the process.

1. The book is submitted to my current publisher as part of an "option clause" where they get "first peek." They have a certain number of day to decide whether they want it, then we have a certain number of days to negotiate a deal. If we can't agree on matters than it is available for other publishers to consider picking up.

2. If no publishers pick up the book, or if I don't like the offers presented, then self-publishing is also an option, but that's one that is still far off.

3. Once a publisher is picked - then it's up to them to put up pre-order pages. They generally do this fairly quickly, although some wait for the cover art. Once the pre-order pages are up the books should be in the publisher's catalog and libraries can order them through their standard process - such as making a purchase from Baker and Taylor.

So, it's still really, really early in the life cycle. For those who want to be notified when the books are available, here is a link to sign-up .

Thanks for asking!