Goodreads asked R.N. Shapiro:

R.N. Shapiro Writer's block is a real problem for aspiring writers and it was for me also. Everyone is different and you can have writer's block at different times, like when you reach a pivotal part in your book and you just can't decide the right way to go forward. I didn't have writers block about starting my book though--I had no deadline and worked on the outline for six months to a year before I ever started the first chapter, and then I had the brainstorm to write my last chapter first.

I thought that helped my comfort level--knowing that I already decided how the book would end. Sure, I changed it a lot by the time I got back to it but I had to basics already done.

Some tactics I used to combat writers block were not to always draft chapters the same way--that is I would not type them like the traditional way in every case. I had three different ways I would write:

1-type on my laptop the traditional way;
2-voice dictate them into the notes section on my iPhone using Siri or whatever you would like to call the voice dictation mode, Then I would copy and paste that into the word software I was using for my book;
3-An Internet-based outside stenographic service called speak-write.com which a lawyer friend turned me onto a few years ago and is an awesome service. You email the voice file to them (Using any voice recording software on an iPhone or directly by sending it from their free app which can be downloaded for iPhones or android's).

Of course, whenever I voice dictated any chapters or sections I would have to edit them alot once I got them back from the outside service.

Personally, I found that I could quickly dictate a chapter or section of the chapter by using voice dictation software much faster than by typing some of them. Then, I don't do the serious editing until I have the first draft dictated and back from the outside service.

I hope some of these ideas help.