Netanella
Netanella asked Kerry Alan Denney:

In "Soulsnatcher," why are the healers Chaz and Jai not able to heal themselves?

Kerry Alan Denney Hi, Netanella! Great question: It's answered in Chapter 13 when Jazz and Roberta are taking a ride/ tour in the Jeep around Homestead. No one knew for sure, but Jazz believes it's God's way of making Chaz prove his generosity of spirit and selflessness, i.e.: How much of his gift is Chaz willing to share with others, knowing it takes strength from him and endangers his heart when he can't use his gift to heal himself. Here's the passage:

“Yeah.” Jazz sighed, understanding more than Roberta could ever know. “But Chaz is going to miss healing others. He’s always excited about healing people, especially children. He says that since he can’t use his power to heal himself, he should use it to help them.”

“Yeah, I was going to ask you about that.” (Roberta speaking)

“Ironic, isn’t it? God’s cruel joke.”

“I don’t know about that, Jazz. Maybe it’s God’s way of healing him. He’s an exceptionally amazing kid.”

“I know. I’m so confused. I feel so lost. Adrift.”

“Homestead can heal that for you. I’ve made some really good friends here, and you and Chaz will too.”

“You’re trying to talk me into staying.” Jazz thought back on the morning’s events. “You all planned this whole thing out, didn’t you? Taking me alone on this tour, trying to persuade me to stay.”

Roberta shrugged, smiling at her. Jazz shook her head, smiling too.

“It’s okay. I understand why. But I won’t be able to find any peace until I find out what they did to my father. Until then, the only thing that takes precedence is Chaz’s safety.”

(me again) Thanks for asking! Hope that clears up your question a little. In the end, it was a bit of a mystery to everyone. Just one of the quirks of Chaz's power. Thanks again for your excellent review! :)