Caroline
Caroline asked:

I'm not very well-versed in science/physics... I'm sure this book is very challenging to read but would someone with very little knowledge be able to read/understand this a bit easily?

To answer questions about The Science of Interstellar, please sign up.
Rodrigo Castilho I strongly recommend you take a look first at Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, by Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson. He's a science educator and has made that book precisely for the understanding of the masses. It is easy to read, well written and has pretty much all of the content addressed in this book.
Don Vaillancourt There is a tonne of content on youtube on science and the universe, so I watch a lot of it. From that perspective, the book is very entertaining and a tad bit challenging to read. Kip Thorne doesn't waste a lot of time with fanciful theories, he gets to the point quickly as to what is the understood or speculative workings of the universe. I look forward to read the other book mentioned in the other answers.
Shawn Charland Thorne's much-earlier book Black Holes and Time Warps (1994) is very approachable and understandable. He starts with an entertaining short science fiction story about approaching a black hole in an imaginary spacecraft. The rest of the book is filled with entertaining and intuitive drawings and explanations for lay people, and situates all the information in an historical context. Highly recommended.
Mike Histand Indeed it is challenging. If you are willing to gloss over parts it enhances understanding of the complex film.
Steve Walker Yes, Before reading this book, start with "Black Holes and Time Warps". Read "Science of Interstellar" AFTER you see the movie.
Image for The Science of Interstellar