Goodreads asked Rebecca E. Neely:

What’s the best thing about being a writer?

Rebecca E. Neely To me, the best thing about being a writer is the freedom to create - worlds, characters, settings, situations - exactly how I want them to be! In any romance, along with passion and intrigue, I like sprinkling in humor and some tears, along with flawed characters, because I feel like people can relate. I love to cheer for the underdog!

It's very gratifying to know I've entertained a reader for an hour, or even a few minutes. Knowing he or she could escape into the world I created, and spend some time with the characters born of my imagination, and perhaps while away the time before a doctor's appointment, a delayed flight, or a child's soccer practice, makes me feel like I've truly succeeded as a writer.