Darin
Darin asked:

So if I have never read this series, should I start with this book or The Gunslinger?

To answer questions about The Little Sisters of Eluria, please sign up.
Matt For anyone else wondering about reading order: Make sure to read this after Wizard and Glass [book 4]. The Little Sisters of Eluria contains major spoilers for W&G.

My recommended reading order:
1: Gunslinger
2: Drawing of the Three
3: Waste Lands
4: Wizard & Glass
5: Little Sisters of Eluria
6: Wind Through the Keyhole
7: Wolves of the Calla
8: Song of Susannah
9: The Dark Tower

This reading order ensures no spoilers, assuming you don't take Stephen King's ham-fisted style of foreshadowing into account, because he hints heavily at many major plot points, especially towards the end of the series.

Alternatively, you could read "Little Sisters" and "Keyhole" after books 1-7 if you don't want the main plot of the series to lose momentum.
Page Gunslinger for sure
Peta Start with the Gunslinger and read the entire series. This and The Wind Through the Keyhole I feel should be read after. That way you know more of the characters and the world they inhabit.
Sam I'm a proponent of reading series in the order they were published. This was published between books 4 (Wizard and Glass) and 5 (Wolves of the Calla), so that's where I recommend reading it as 4.5. (The Wind Through the Keyhole would then fall at the very end after The Dark Tower as 8.)

Definitely start with The Gunslinger.
Kris Per an interview I saw with Stephen King, The Wind Through The Keyhole is book 4.5. I reread the series inserting it between books four and five and it really helped to clarify some things. The Little Sisters and other aspects of the novella do pop up in some of the other books, so reading it first may clarify some stuff. But they were explained enough in the other books that it shouldn't be necessary to start there. I hope that helps!
Image for The Little Sisters of Eluria
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)