Tiffany
Tiffany asked Alison Stewart:

Why did you write Days like this and what were you hoping the readers will get out if it?

Alison Stewart Hi Tiffany, I appreciate your question.
There are a couple of reasons why I wrote Days Like This. Firstly, I love dystopian and speculative fiction. I like to think about how the world of the future will deal with the problems that we are creating today. Sometimes the answers can be a little depressing! But they don't have to be.
I think humans have the ability to rise above the mean and greedy. This is what I tried to do with Days Like This. Bad things happen, obviously, but out of the horror of that world, good things can emerge and good people. I believe we are resilient and innately good.
Obvious themes for Days Like This are the consequences of resisting the science of climate change, greed and the rise of individualism and excessive materialism over fairness and equality. Also, how absolute power has the potential to corrupt even the most well-meaning.
You ask what I hope readers will get out of the book. I hope that people will consider whether the choices we (and the politicians we elect) are making are right for the kind of world we would be proud to leave behind.
But most importantly, I hope that people will enjoy the story and feel it was worth reading!
Thanks again for your question and happy reading, Tiffany!
Alison