Kat
Kat asked Lilo Abernathy:

Great first book! I really liked it. Thank you for writing it. Is there a possibility your brain can break off into clones of itself and write the next books faster? Just checking...

Lilo Abernathy That is a great question! Right now I toggle work, health issues, marketing, and writing. Naturally we would all love it if I could focus solely on writing.

Unfortunately, there is nothing anyone can do about the health issues. But it would be great if I could spend less time on marketing. The fact is I have to sell the book I've already written in order to pay for editing and book covers for future books. You would be amazed at the cost and I know this is something authors are hesitant to talk about, but it is a reality as an Indie author. One of the reasons my book is doing so well is because I didn't skimp on editing and focused on producing a quality product. I also can't stop working a day job until I'm selling enough books to support myself.

While I can't clone myself, as a reader you can help by talking about The Light Who Shines, recommending it in Goodreads Groups and through the book page “Recommend It” link, and voting it up the lists. The more people hear about it from readers, the less time I have to devote to marketing and the more time I can spend writing. It also means I'll be able to write full time sooner than otherwise.

But, I’m guessing what you really want to know is, "When will book 2 be out?" I'm in the middle of writing the climax now. It needs to go through revisions after that. So I'm making great progress. I’m also making good progress on earning enough funds from book 1 to cover the expenses for book 2. Things are looking very positive.

If readers keep loving it and talking about it, my time focus can shift and my speed in releasing books will increase as my popularity grows.

Thanks for your question!