Cynthia
Cynthia asked L.E. Modesitt Jr.:

I am always fascinated by your detailed descriptions of the meals your characters eat. Do you cook yourself? I know it might be silly, but could there some day be a Recluse Cookbook? Maybe the recipe for Lace Potatoes to start! Thank you for many hours of enjoyable reading. I have read all of the Recluse, Corean, Spellsong and Imager series. I have enjoyed them all.

L.E. Modesitt Jr. I'm a fairly good cook, I think it's fair to say. My wife is a brilliant and outstanding cook, who, over the years, has compiled a considerable library of cookbooks -- they fill almost an entire wall in our kitchen.

As for a cookbook... I'm actually investigating that possibility, although it won't be just a Recluce cookbook. How could I leave out Johan Eschbach's Dutch specialties... or Seliora's Pharsi fare... or...