Sarina
Sarina asked Cece Bell:

Do you use real names in your books? How do you feel about people you know reading them?

Cece Bell Probably a mistake, but yes...I used real names AND fake names in the book. I probably should've made them all fake. But an all-American name like Mike Miller (his real name) just cannot be topped!

I'm OK with people I know reading the book, for the most part. It does make me nervous, especially if I really respect their opinion. For a long time, I didn't think I'd be able to let Tom read it. If he didn't like it, I was just gonna crawl into a hole and stay there and rot. But he liked it! Thank goodness.

I am worried about some of the people who are IN the book reading it, though. I was not nice or fair to a few people who might recognize themselves...and the thought of them reading the book makes me kind of sick feeling. I hope in the long run it was worth it to be honest...I'd love to maintain a friendship with at least one of those people (who I don't see very often), and would love to remain on civil terms with others...I've avoided coverage by my local paper just so certain people don't find out about the book! If they have, they've stayed quiet...and hopefully they won't read this stuff and then lock me up in an elevator or bathroom without my cell phone.