Anthony Mercier
Anthony Mercier asked Michael James Ploof:

How do you get your book out there? I'm an author, published for just over a year, and have a lot of trouble throwing my book in peoples' faces, so to speak.

Michael James Ploof This is the million dollar question, and unfortunately there is no sure fire way to do it. When I was trying to get my first book out there I came across the best answer: Write more books! Bookbub is hands down the best book marketing site out there. If you can get them to feature you it will make a big difference. I checked out your book and noticed that you have no reviews. This is a must. Choosy bookworm might be able to help you with this. When I put my book out in the summer of 2012 I sold 30 copies in a month, then, for some reason I have yet to determine, I sold nearly a thousand the next month.
Being an indie author is hard, and there are tens of thousands of books in the Kindle graveyard. Having a stand alone book sell enough to make a living at this is nearly impossible. I highly recommend writing a series.

You will also find Kindle boards Author cafe very helpful.