Roman Bly
Roman Bly asked:

This is the 8th book. Should I start from book 1 or can I read this one as a standalone piece without loosing much of insight from previous works?

To answer questions about The Empty Throne, please sign up.
Malcolm Do yourself a favour and start from book one. You will enjoy the series more that way.
Christopher Taylor Yeah I recommend starting from book one for the full enjoyment but if you only read this one it has enough background and information you aren't totally left in the dark. It works well as a stand alone book as well.
Dhaval Chheda You don't need to start from first .It's a standalone book and you can enjoy it without any issues.
Matt READ THEM ALL OR UHTRED SON OF UHTRED WILL COME FOR YOU! Seriously though, he's relentless. Don't piss him off.

You can read them pretty fast. Read them all and pick up a dash of history while you do.
J.S. Dunn You can read it in the dark. You can read it the park. Or, on an ark.

This is snark.

You can read this anywhere. It's light as air. You won't care.
Image for The Empty Throne
by Bernard Cornwell (Goodreads Author)