Kathryn Judson

What other worthy The Pilgrim's Progress spin-offs are there, besides The Celestial Railroad by Nathaniel Hawthorne, and The Pilgrim's Regress, by C. S. Lewis?

To answer questions about The Pilgrim's Progress, please sign up.
Colleen Waltman "Giant Killer" I've listened to the audio from Lamplighter Theatre. It reminded me of Pilgrim's progress, but with it's own originality to make it just as enjoyable. It comes in two books, "Giant Killer" and "The Battle" By A.L.O.E.
Another book which my two brothers loved is "Sir knight of the Splendid way" which is written primarily for men. written by W.E. Cule
As Miss janice said, "Hinds Feet on High Places" is an great spin off of Pilgrim's progress. I would say this one is written primarily for Women.
janice l. dimond An allegory that I have loved over the years is "Hinds Feet on High Places" by Hannah Hurnard. It isn't as long, but very good. Also, C.S. Lewis' "The Great Divorce" or "The Screwtape Letters."
Cela Day Although I've not read it, there's a book on GR titled Quest for Celestia: A Reimagining of the Pilgrim's Progress by Steven James - it has good reviews. Also, although I'm not in a position to claim that it's worthy (!), I've published a contemporary retelling of TPP (my version is a portal fantasy with allegorical overtones and a teenage protagonist who is reluctant to make the journey). It's also listed on GR, and the title is Dragon Slave.
Albert Gomperts Well I don't know if you might consider the Amber Spyglass as being partly inspired by Bunyan. Pullman claims inspiration by Milton. Milton however springs from the traditions as Bunyan.
Mack Shingler Faerie Queen or Canterbury Tales
Cailyn Myers Young Pilgrim's Progress
James McIntosh Jr. I have heard that Watership Down is somewhat similar, or is something that people who like The Pilgrim's Progress will also like. However, I have yet to read it myself.
Brandi Leblanc I have it on Cd, listened to it years ago. Thinking about listening to it again with my high school Children.
Christia The "Complete Book of Tarot", by Juliet Sharman-Burke, who explains the ancient tradition of tarot and the representation of each symbol as a challenge or person met upon the journey of the Fool, who is essentially the original character of Bunyan's Christian.
Addison Dixon I'm not sure. You may just have to look up "books similar to Pilgrim's Progress" online. You're bound to find something. :) I've been recommended Pilgrim's Regress by C S Lewis. :))
Image for The Pilgrim's Progress