Goodreads asked Candace Carrabus:

Candace Carrabus I'm not sure I actually believe in writer's block. I do believe the answer is always in the writing--that is, write more! If I'm having trouble writing a particular story, then I take a step back and analyze why that might be. I spent an entire year (2014), a whole YEAR trying to write the sequel to On the Buckle. It was painful, and for a long time, I couldn't figure out why. But I kept at it. (Stubbornness can be such an unattractive trait) I took six different versions of chapter one to my critique group. After a few more chapters, one of my critique partners asked if I was enjoying writing this book. AARRGHH!! It showed. The story wasn't going where it should and the characters...oy! They were so unhappy. They were rebelling.

I finally stopped and took a break and read some books. I hadn't been reading for pleasure. I ended up burning through about twelve books in three weeks. I felt so refreshed after that! And then I started a new project. And that has gone amazingly well.

Every writer has to find their own way through "blocks" or plot difficulties, or whatever. If I were to give advice (not that I think I'm qualified), I would say, first, identify the problem (I did, eventually, figure out what the problem was with that book). Second, try writing something else. Third, just take a break. I don't believe you have to write every day. Sometimes, you have to go do something else to refill the well. For me, it's getting out in nature, visiting my horse, going riding.