Adria's Musings
Adria's Musings asked Elizabeth Hoyt:

I'm glad this is an online Q&A session instead of in person because I would make a total fool of myself in front of you. I'm that big of a fan. My question is, why did you choose the Georgian era over the more commonly used Regency? Not that I'm complaining, it's because of the Maiden Lane series that I'm looking at Georgian England in a new light.

Elizabeth Hoyt I'm actually completely un-intimidating in person, Adria, so do come if I'm ever at an event in your area!

I think the Georgian era is actually more interesting than the Regency (don't throw stones! I do like reading Regency.) There are swords and wigs and men wearing high heels; social turmoil (the gin problem, extreme poverty, the beginnings of social awareness) and the Age of Reason. Really, what's NOT to like? It's slightly earthier too, which I think suites my writing voice and plots.