Vaibhav Gupta
Vaibhav Gupta asked:

PlatypusPatronus
Anneliese Because otherwise the book would have been too short. Voldemort (almost) always waits to attack until the end of the school year.
Bernadette
Jo I think if he tried to do that it would be really obvious what he was doing, but all Harry had to do was touch the cup so no one knew what happened.
Serena I suppose, but the portkey was the trophy because Voldemort wanted to take Harry from Hogwarts, showing the world that he was back and now Albus could not stop him.
Theo
Hannah G I don't think the story would be half as interesting like that....
But are you a ravenclaw?
because that sounds like aravenclaw question.
LOL
Julia I always wondered about that. Even if the answer is, "You can't use portkeys in Hogwarts," he could very easily hand him a Portkey in Hogsmeade!! He is a dark and powerful wizard...he could have bewitched everyone around him not to suspect anything! (Or, he could have tracked Harry down in the summer, say, when Harry sees him at the Triwizard Tournament, stunned him, and taken him to Voldemort. If Voldemort was waiting until the right time, he could have kept Harry in a chest until he was ready i.e. when the Dark Marks started becoming stronger.)
Zep
J.C. I presumed because V needed to know exactly when HP would arrive; preparations needed to be made beforehand.
Image for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire