Juliana Sheldon
Juliana Sheldon asked Anne Lamott:

I'm currently battling breast cancer and all of the awful things that go with it. I read your book "Help, Thanks, Wow," over an over, because so many different passages speak to me, especially as someone who had a less than ideal childhood, so thank you so much. However, I seem to be able to relate to "Help" and "Thanks", but somehow can't move to "Wow" yet. Do you have any advice on how to bridge that gap?

Anne Lamott Well, as I quote in Stitches, Mr Roger's mother always said, in the aftermath of tragedy, "Look to the helpers.". There's always SO amazing. Wow. Go outside and look around--and up--and at the green shoots breaking thru the concrete at your feet. Wow. Can you BELIEVE how you are managing your care and healing and attitude? Wow.