Kritika
Kritika asked Dan Brown:

Hi! When you wrote Angels and Demons, the first of Langdon series, did you plan out a series from the very beginning or was it your fans who encouraged you to continue it?

Dan Brown At the time I completed Angels & Demons, I never imagined it would turn into a series. After three long years writing about the Vatican, I'd had my fill of art, symbols, and religion for a while. I chose to write my next book on a topic as distant from the Vatican as possible. I wrote Deception Point, which was set in the Arctic Circle and centered on NASA, biology, and American politics. By the time I finished Deception Point, however, I found myself longing to get back to the semiotic world of Robert Langdon. That was when I decided to write The Da Vinci Code.
Dan Brown