Goodreads asked Cheryl Colwell:

Cheryl Colwell Sorry for the delay. I feel like I've been upside down under water for the last two years.

Ideas seem to enter a hole in the top of my head by the dozens. I began to count the remainder of my life by how many books I can get written.

I've discovered the reason for this flow is attributable to one of the 18 major aptitudes we can be born with. This particular one is called "high ideaphoria" - a constant flow of ideas - by the Johnson O'Conner Research Foundation.

It was extremely validating to let my husband know this was an aptitude, and all the hundreds of ideas I had for my yard were not a sign of ADHD. He is delighted now that I can focus these ideas in my stories.