M'diya
M'diya asked:

Does this book have any graphic details of gory violence or something of that nature? I'd buy it but I need to know this as I am very, very disturbed by images or even thoughts of blades and razors...

To answer questions about Sharp Objects, please sign up.
Ashley Fox If you are very disturbed by images and thoughts of razor blades, I would stay away from this book. The protagonist thinks a lot about cutting and specific instances of her cutting her own skin are described in detail. I wouldn't say that it was written in a gory way, but it is graphic.
Susan's Reviews I was having bad dreams while I read this book. Its true what they say: your subconscious can't always tell if you are actually experiencing a terrible event, or just reading about it. My subconscious was definitely working overtime to diffuse the sinister atmosphere and Camille's very dark thoughts. Very well written, but I don't think I will read more of this genre for a bit!
Sara I wouldn't say it is terribly graphic but, as Jayna said, the main character is a recovering cutter and there are several flashbacks concerning the topic and a few instances where she thinks about doing it again and, while none of those scenes are overly descriptive, if it bothers you to the degree that it seems to I would steer clear. I loved this book but it's not one I'd recommend to anyone with a phobia of blades or razors just because the repeated topic could bring images or thoughts to mind without explicitly meaning to do so.
Jayna I read it a while ago and I've read a few hundred books since, but the main character is a cutter. And there are mutilated victims. I can't remember if they actually describe a bloody/gory scene, but it is graphic.
Sandy Bergeson
Ann Do not read this book. I had to skim over some parts because they were disturbing.
Donna Prather Not your book.
Jennifer Goins Don't read it! Very graphic and disturbing.
Jan Definitely not for you. I was quite disturbed by some of the descriptions and acts; not to mention the very realistic portrayal of a classic "mean girl" and a self-centered mother.
Russell It's got kids getting murdered and a protagonist who used to slice words into her skin. But, hey, you can handle it i'm sure.
Lihsa Very graphic detail of self-mutilation.
Image for Sharp Objects
by Gillian Flynn (Goodreads Author)