Tay
Tay asked:

Should you watch the movie before reading the book??

To answer questions about Requiem for a Dream, please sign up.
KT I'd actually recommend the other way around. The book has a very unique writing style that makes you feel immersed in the story. It gets you very involved in the book.
Don't get me wrong, the movie is great too. The book and movie kind of complete each other. But I would say start with the book.
Marnie Z I watched the movie before reading the book and I'm glad I did it in that order. The movie gave me a better visual of what was going on in the book.
Pat C. I don't think I could take a repeat of this story either by watching the movie again or reading the book. This was one of the most disturbing and intense movies I have ever seen. I can't really say I would recommend it unless a young adult I cared about was headed toward drug addiction - then I say pull out all the stops. It is is not an enjoyable piece of entertainment.
Image for Requiem for a Dream