Stanley Cohen
Stanley Cohen asked:

Is this book okay for a 13 year old boy ? thanks in advance .

To answer questions about A Painted House, please sign up.
Mike Hill It's written from a Southern perspective, which being one growing up in a similar situation I really enjoyed. A lot of truths in this book about compassion, good and evil, family ties, prejudice on all sides and forgiveness.
Atariluth i think its okay. so simple, with seventh years old boy's daily conflicts. just like a diary.
Kevin Maples As best I can remember, the sex is only implied not described in any detail. There is a murder, but I don't remember any graphic descriptions. I would recommend it to a 13 year old.
Rick Yes it is ok, it is supposedly the narrative of a 7 year old and while it really is that of an older person...nothing really happens. There is some violence and some sex but minuscule. He probably will be board reading this book.
Steve Walker Yes. By all means they should read it. No worse than the garbage on TV and in the video games.
Jacquie i would read it yourself first
Joe Shumock It is perfectly fine for a 13 year old boy. It might not hold his interest unless he is open to learning about life and times of family and what they went through during that era.
Tami Mizak In what way is Black Oak,AZ a snapshot of the world at large
Skyleigh Fine for him to read. A little slow at first, but then it gets better. Has he read " The Outsiders" ? That's a good teen read.
Image for A Painted House
by John Grisham (Goodreads Author)