Jennifer
Jennifer asked:

OK, so I've CLEARLY missed a series that is absolute gold. But it looks like there are a ton of books. What order do I read these in? I see Fools and Assassins and Tawny-colored people.... Somebody help me out!

To answer questions about Assassin's Apprentice, please sign up.
Vyne The Realm of the Elderlings is written in chronological order, so Thehonestowl is not entirely correct.

The Farseer Trilogy:
1) Assassin's Apprentice
2) Royal Assassin
3) Assassin's Quest

Followed by the Liveship Traders Trilogy
1) Ship of Magic
2) Mad Ship
3) Ship of Destiny

Followed by The Tawny Man Trilogy
1) Fool's Errand
2) Golden Fool
3) Fool's Fate

Followed by The Rain Wilds Chronicles
1) Dragon Keeper
2) Dragon Haven
3) City of Dragons
4) Blood of Dragons

And finally, The Fitz and the Fool Trilogy
1) Fool's Assassin
2) Fool's Quest
3)...
Becky The whole Liveship Traders trilogy sounds like all my OTPs
Aaron Street I actually read the rain wilds first and this works, you could probable also get away with live-ship traders out of order. I am not saying it is the best way to ready it, but i actually enjoyed then reading the first three trilogies and seeing how it all came together.

The Farseer, Tawny man and Fitz and fool do need to be read in the order they were written they are one story with great development and reading them out of order would be wasting them,

I think i would still start with the rain wilds but that's just me. I jsut loved the journey then and as I read the earlier books i was contently amazed at the story archs that run though the whole series with all the twists and turns.

The safe and proper way is the order Vyne lists them in.
Jennifer Thanks so much!!! Knew I came to the right place!
Eric Heis Assassins is #1
Image for Assassin's Apprentice
by Robin Hobb (Goodreads Author)