Can't I just skip to book #3? I can't get in to #2!

To answer questions about Dragonfly in Amber, please sign up.
Frances You absolutely cannot skip to book #3, you'll be lost. The whole Paris section may seem a bit boring, but there are key points that happen there that the reader needs to know about. Also, they are not in Paris forever (although it may seem like it), and once they leave France, you won't be able to put it down!!
Courtenay Soldier through, Jan. It gets MUCH better.
Marilyn Medici After OUTLANDER, I had a little trouble getting into this book, but perseverance was well worth it! The last third of the book blew me away! I can't wait to read book three of this series!
Jen Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way about #2. I'll keep slugging through it... Thx.
Shannon Try this link I found about Dragonfly in Amber to fill in some of the blanks. In my opinion, it all goes much smoother with the audio format, though. Good luck!

The audiobooks are also a big plus for me when it comes to the pronunciation of Gaelic and French—neither of which are my strong suits!

http://www.thcreviews.com/cgi-bin/vts... (less)
Arielle Having finished reading the second book, I'll say that yes, you definitely should read to the end. Things get more interesting, and you'll need to know what happens at the end.
Elaine If you do, you'll be sorry (ending is spectacular - just sayin')
Angela Banangela Stone It gets much better! I had a hard time getting into it myself, but now I can't put it down! :)
Stacy J. Gibbens I disagree. Diana does an excellent job of referencing previous books. But be warned, once you skip it, you'll want to go back and read it later for all the details.
Caryn Kravitz All books/chapters are integral to understanding what happens further on.
Image for Dragonfly in Amber
by Diana Gabaldon (Goodreads Author)