Goodreads asked Jennifer Wilson:

Jennifer Wilson Push forward. Writing can be tedious, and it is easy to get caught up in what you have already written. My best advice is to keep moving forward. The first book I wrote, I continually read and re-read chapters I had already written instead of moving the storyline forward. I constantly got stuck. For my second book, I just kept writing. If there was something I wanted to add or re-write I took a side note to go back once I was done. The whole process seemed to flow much better that way.
Also, don’t give up. Getting your book out there is a long and drawn-out process. It can be discouraging at times and downright crushing at others. For every one person who is willing to say yes to your book, there are fifty that will say no. Remember— that’s okay! Some of the world’s most renowned authors were rejected by dozens of agents before getting a yes and some of them even self-published their first books. If writing is really what you want to do, don’t give up. Some of the best books came from authors who were too strong-minded to take no for an answer.
Lastly, write because you love it. Not to make money or to be famous, write because you’re passionate. Because if you’re passionate, it won’t matter what anyone else says, you are doing something you love and that’s more important than a stranger’s opinion.