Goodreads asked John Hennessy:

John Hennessy Since I was a young boy, I have always had ideas in my head. Any toys I played with would be placed in dramatic storylines (!) and I had great fun as a youngster. These days, writing a full length novel requires a lot of thought and planning that goes way beyond the initial idea - though I admit that the 'initial idea' can be something small that develops into something really special.

I have travelled abroad a lot, so there is always something from those experiences that I can draw inspiration from. But my own country of England has so many treasures that I have yet to discover, and it is these elements that help me shape a story.

In short, I am inspired to write because I enjoy writing. I will try and enjoy other elements, such as editing, proofreading and so on, but I would rather just write. That's just so much more fun to do.