Lidia Wilcox
Lidia Wilcox asked:

What other books/stories have this Holly Gibney character? I see Outsider and Bill Hodges Trilogy coming up... Would it be better to read those books first before reading this collection? TY!

To answer questions about If It Bleeds, please sign up.
Eli Yes and no. Yes because this novella heavily links to the other four books. And no, because the Bill Hodges trilogy is garbage.
Beverly There are definitely spoilers to "The Outsider" in the story "If It Bleeds". I would strongly suggest reading that one first.
The Bill Hodges trilogy is not strictly necessary, though "If It Bleeds" contains characters from those books. You just won't have the backstory and emotional attachment to the those characters.
Gilbert I just finished If It Bleeds, the short story collection. The short story, If It Bleeds, seems to be a continuation of The Outsider. I haven’t read that yet, so I stopped reading Bleeds about ten pages in, and went on to the next story. There were many reveals about The Outsider that I felt they were spoilers.
Courtney Banks I thought the same thing! I was lost when I came across Outsider / Holly Gibney because I've read the books in order so I thought I was missing something then they didn't really go in to details about Holly's encounter with the thing either and felt as if I was coming on the back end of the story. I finished if its Bleeds I just felt out of sorts with this book.
Image for If It Bleeds
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)