Catie
Catie asked:

What age is this book suitable for?

To answer questions about If It Bleeds, please sign up.
Dav Seems ok for most age groups. Swears are at a minimum and no salacious content.
L. McCoy I would personally recommend this book to someone around 14+, I’d be hesitant to recommend it to anyone younger though.

Brief overview of objectionable content (if this helps, keep in mind I might be forgetting some of it):
Violence: In the first story, multiple characters die and macabre twists are added. The second story has an apocalyptic scenario with some violence including accidental deaths and suicide but it’s not very graphic. The third story involves a tragedy where a school is blown up, several deaths in the explosion. As the story goes on more perilous situations and deaths happen. The final story includes some death but it’s not very graphic.
Language: I might be forgetting some stuff but I remember “fuck” is said quite a bit (not constantly and keep in mind, it’s Stephen King so somewhat expected). I think “shit” and “cunt” were said a few times along with a few racial slurs in one part with some commentary on racism.
Sex: A few references but nothing that goes further than a PG-13 rated film would.
Other objectionable content: Obviously with it being a horror novel you can expect horror themes and creepy stuff. Also, there are some political themes which some readers may not care for.

Hope this helps.
Image for If It Bleeds
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)