Allie Pinto
Allie Pinto asked Dan Brown:

“Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.” This is one of my all time favorite quotes but I've always wondered how long did it take you to come up with it??

Dan Brown That tendency of the human mind to work harder to avoid pain than to find pleasure is something I first noticed in my own life, and so I was not surprised to learn that it is a widely accepted axiom of human psychology. Apparently, our pain receptors (both physical and emotional) are more highly developed than our pleasure centers. This imbalance is to help encourage self-preservation. While the pleasures of eating and procreation are clearly important to our survival, it is more urgently required that we as animals avoid the pain of being injured, killed, or abandoned.
Dan Brown