Lynn
Lynn asked:

If you were to pick a season in which to read Walden, which would it be?

To answer questions about Walden, please sign up.
Abner Rosenweig Spring in my youth;
Summer in mid-age;
Autumn in my senior years;
and Winter in old age.

Walden should be read many times.

It is truly a book for all seasons!
Sean Endress I would say Winter. A season to read, re-read, and ruminate, followed by a season to act on what you've learned.
Al Either autumn because it's so characteristic of New England, where the whole event takes place, or winter because it's a good time to be contemplative and introspective.
LeeAnn I try to reread this book every autumn. It's one of my favorite books of all time, and worth a yearly reread. (I've been known to read it in spring as well!)
Evy I think autumn. The forests are best in autumn
Río Can I choose all the seasons!!but yes I prefer Autumn
Harsh Khandelwal Autumn for sure!!
Fry (Evra) Morgan Spring or summer. Near or a lake or in the mountains. I feel that's when nature (or should I write "Nature"?) is most transfigured, and that transfiguration is what permeates the idea of stripping contemporary life of all its trinkets down to its simplest, most natural form.
At least that's how I see it.
Henry Staples At Winter's last gasp, as Spring grows. But not earlier.

To give me the consciousness of conservation at a time when all abounds.
Rachel Knox Maybe the season of your life where you're going through change and possibly withdrawal from something. That's why I'm reading it again now. Though if it must be a physical season, autumn and winter seem good times for the kind of rumination it sets off.
Steven Carter Autumn. Because it puts you in the mind set of New England.
Tania Ramonde Winter is just perfect. I find it an ideal season for reflection, and it's also great to visualize nature as beautiful as Thoreau describes.

Walden is a very "hygge" book. Light some candles, get a blanket and enjoy some time for yourself!
Sergio Pascual Spring and far from the madding crowd.
Image for Walden