Sam
Sam asked:

Why does the Gathering Dark version of this book has 310 pages while the Shadow and Bone version has 340 pages? 😧

To answer questions about The Gathering Dark, please sign up.
cassberrie I haven't actually read both, so idk if there's a difference in content, but I do own both copies, and I think it's because of the chapter title placement. You'll see that in The Gathering Dark, the chapter title is very small, and the page starts about 1/4 of the way down. Meanwhile, for Shadow and Bone, the chapter title has the fancy embellishment such that the actual page doesn't start until about halfway down. I compared the first chapters of both, and TGD Ch 1 starts on page 7 while S&B Ch 1 starts on page 8, right after the prologue. I imagine that it all adds up eventually?
Image for The Gathering Dark
by Leigh Bardugo (Goodreads Author)