Tim Caldwell
Tim Caldwell asked Jason Born:

Where did your interest in Norse mythology and history come from?

Jason Born There are a bunch of reasons. I'll narrow it for you, fear not! The Scandinavians were among the last European pagans to actively practice their ancient ways when more history began to be written down. So we know a little more about it than say specific gods of ancient European tribes. I chose to focus on Norse over say the Danes (nothing against the Danes) because in English literature, because of the Danelaw, most is focused on raiders from Denmark rather than the intrepid Norseman. I also think the whole idea of setting out island hopping to the unknown northwest Atlantic to Iceland, Greenland, and then Vinland is one of the most amazing tales of adventure in human history. Thanks for asking!!