Goodreads asked Kourosh Dini:

Kourosh Dini I would like to change the question: What is my relationship to inspiration?

Inspiration is nothing to count on. It is certainly nice. It does give a definite fuel to the fire.

However, it is not the focus. The focus is in developing the kindling. The systems of daily habit are the practice that is needed to do anything with inspiration should it appear.

As I work, wake, walk, or otherwise, I can have several ideas come to mind. Importantly, I have a place to put those ideas where I know I will visit daily. As a result of having a trusted place and habit, my mind is more free to actually have those ideas. I am not caught up in the fear that they will be lost. The unconscious forces to "protect myself" from ideas I fear I would be unable to actualize are minimized.

The important matter is to take a step every day. Should the book one day appear, that is nice. But it also may not. It may also be garbage. But I do not believe writing it to have been a waste of time. The systems and ideas we develop generalize to the other parts of our lives which I turn feed back into the daily work.

In the words of Neil Gaiman, the job is to write: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNb5N...