Daniel John
Daniel John asked Joe Hart:

Do you structure all your stories the same? Is there any specific template you use when outlining each of your books?

Joe Hart Hi Daniel!

Each book I write is definitely set up different but my process is normally the same. How it works is I'll get an idea or a character that starts talking to me and I begin to see a path with certain scenes involved. Then I figure our who my MC is and what he/she really wants. After that I can see the roadblocks that will come up for them along the way and try to knit the scenes I imagined initially into them. Typically I do a rough outline for each of my books but leave a ton of space to move freely within the plot. This makes for fun and surprising writing as most times the story takes a twist where there wasn't one before. Thanks for the great question!