Amy Spector
Amy Spector asked Al Stewart:

While reading your work, I have noticed more than a little Ernest Hemingway influence in your story structure, and even in the characters themselves. As part of a writing duo, I am interested in your opinion on the first posthumously published of Hemingway's work 'Island in the Stream' and whether you felt that the duo of Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton did the song by the same name, justice?

Al Stewart Hi there Amy, greetings and orange candles.
What a spiffing question !
In my opinion, Dolly and Ken did NAFFINK to address the issue of the golden stream.
Now, Islands!!!!! Need I say more!!!! I think not.
However, on the frontal tubulars, Dolly and Ken cannot be criticised for their anti establishment stance on the wearing of pink.
I shall finish by asking you one simple question: If all the world were a candy store, where would a person secure his goat???
Al Stewart
156 followers