Rebecka
Rebecka asked:

Im thinking of reading this book, is it worth the time or should I look for another book on grammar ?

To answer questions about The Elements of Style, please sign up.
Abdulrahman Worth the time? I finished half of it while having breakfast on a Friday morning. Though brief, it is invaluable.
Sweven This book is not worth anyone's time. Strunk and White were not linguists, they were hypocritical, snobby, uninformed pedants. This book is as likely to harm your writing as help it. I love Geoffrey K Pullum's critique (http://www.lel.ed.ac.uk/~gpullum/Land...) of a few of S&W's many problems. This is not a good style guide; it is a collection of the quirks by prejudiced but mistaken writers. And yet, S&W's dogma is everywhere. Maybe because the rules the book invented allow people to feel superior, even if they're not actually true of the English language.

If you're a native speaker, you already have good "grammar", and if you want to improve your writing, write more. If you want a better style guide, I'm reading Steven Pinker's The Sense of Style, and it seems pretty decent.
Emma If you are looking for a book on writing I really think that the best book out there is Stephen King's 'On Writing' (maybe not a popular choice but I wholeheartedly stand by it).
Edwin Stratton-Mackay Look for an enemy to throw the book at.
Image for The Elements of Style