Conall
Conall asked:

I didn't read other books of series. Must i start with this book? Because it is 0. book of series.

Isabel I would go read the original trilogy first and then read this one because that's the way they were written. and you will notice some irony when you read the new book.
Sabine no, if I had read this one first, I wouldn't have read the Hunger Games.....
Sabrina No, I very highly suggest you read the Hunger Games trilogy first. Although I enjoyed this book, it is nothing compared to the trilogy. It may even be confusing if you do not already know about Panem. But PLEASE read the Hunger Games trilogy!! It is incredible!!!
Charlotte Read this one last
Julie Jacoway I enjoyed the book. A lot. I honestly don't think it matters if you read it first or last.
Julie Davis Don’t read it at all. Terrible.
Roxanne Definitely don't start with this one, read it last.
Matthew Stevens I agree with the others. If you start with this book, you won't have any desire to read the trilogy. They are "apples and oranges".
RoseRosie101 You don't need to start with this book.
Addy I would definitely read the original series first because it will give you more of a backstory for reading this one. Even though it is a "prequel" the intended audience was the readers of the original series. Plus, there is no better way to get hooked than with the original book "The Hunger Games" because it is by far the best.
Timothy Morrison No, you will hate the rest after this s then! It is much darker!
Kay Dee you don't need to start with this book. i liked this book and i don't think it makes that much of a difference if you read it first or last.

i did not remember anything about the hunger games or that world when i read it. i only remembered katniss' name and the avox. i did not even remember district numbers. reading the reviews and folks are talking about how this or that relates to the original trilogy. i don't remember any of those things. even after reading about the stuff, i still did not remember it.

normally i reread things when it has been a long time between volumes in a series. i did not this time because this was a prequel plus it happened like over 70 years before the original books.
Image for The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes