Icouldbesewing

To answer questions about The Night Fire, please sign up.
Heather Yep, I was coming here to ask that too. They definitely made it seem like something was suspicious with the parents, and then just dropped it. It was pretty upsetting/triggering too to not be followed up on.
Medhansu Good question. I think it was just "filler" to give some more insight into the operational aspects of a major police force
Jeff Nutter This IS a good question. I actually finished the book then went back and re-read the entire chapter again on the suicide, hoping I'd pick something up that I missed on the first read, but no luck. It seemed like near the end of the chapter Renee' was trying to suggest that the Dad was not where he said he was, but then it was never remarked on again. I keep thinking the answer was in the chapter and I just missed it but not sure what it would have been.
Erik Rupard This gnawed at me too. is there a possibility that we will get more info in the next B/B book?
sublimosa Yes, good question. I can't believe I forgot about that part, nor can I believe it wasn't flushed out.
Image for The Night Fire
by Michael Connelly (Goodreads Author)