Ligia
Ligia asked:

Anyone else puzzled by this blurb up top?: Gifted musician Clemency Thompson is playing for tourists on the streets of southern France when she receives an urgent text message. Her childhood friend, Lucy, is demanding her immediate return to London. It’s happening, says the message. The baby is back.

To answer questions about The Family Upstairs, please sign up.
Amy
Jessie Do you think that could be another twist in the storyline? Because I’ve just finished this book and remembered that when Lucy was in France and talking about her previous time with Michael (he always referred to her as Lucy) she made a comment about how people in France didn’t even know her real name - but all called her Lucy? Strange!
Kelly Yes, didn't the book open with homeless Lucy hoping to get her stolen fiddle back? I don't remember Clemency being anywhere in the first third or so of the book. ??
Ariele The description of the book changed -- likely before Lisa had finished writing it. The revised description of the book (at least in the US) is accurate - check out the above!
Crimsonqwn Well that text never happened. I think it was her calendar reminding her "baby's 25th birthday" or something plain like that. The title comes from when they first came to the house they had the servants quarters (up the side staircase). They didn't stay there long and the title is deceiving.
Sue Nieuwenburg Someone must have fixed the blurb as it reads differently now.
Kelli Definitely! I feel like Clemency is barely featured in the book at all. The blurb at the top leads you to believe she's a main character.
Nikki (Dark.Side.of.the.Tome)
Danielle Colton-Cordio
Leslie Lehr There are so many characters that this was likely a permutation of an early draft.
MicheleReader You are absolutely correct. This was not in the book.
Lynda Matthews I don't recall that being Clemency playing for tourists in the south of France. It was Lucy. Clemency didn't come back into the story until after Lucy and Libby (Serenity) and Harry met back at the house. And then they connected with her after talking to her mother.
Pratikshya Mishra I am thinking the same still....
Image for The Family Upstairs
by Lisa Jewell (Goodreads Author)