Rose
Rose asked:

To answer questions about The Turn of the Key, please sign up.
Annie This is why the ending bothered me. It just kind of seemed rushed and adding this detail seemed like an attempt to wrap up any loose ends with him in a way that involved the least amount of work.
Molly
Thomas
Dale Rosenberg I think it's intended to resolve Rowan/Rachel's suspicion of him. She has the impression he's hiding something from her. There's a red herring of his name being the same as the man whose daughter died. Every time she thinks he might be part of what's happening to her, she feels like it makes no sense but keeps coming back to feeling like he is hiding something. So this explains what he's hiding.
Carol I agree 100%. When we have to think this much over something seemingly irrelevant reading the book becomes a chore.
Katelyn
Judy
Cathy Sargent
Brandi I think Ware added that fact at the end to encourage the reader to believe that Jack was behind the strange occurrences that were happening in the house. Jack being married, to me, didn't really mean anything towards the story.....almost like an afterthought....like "by the way, Jack's married"
Image for The Turn of the Key
by Ruth Ware (Goodreads Author)