Jc
Jc asked:

To answer questions about The Dutch House, please sign up.
Allison
Julianne Kavoussi It's possible it was suicide that kills Maeve or a heart attack. She was once again hurt and devastated by her mother. Remember when Maeve slams the car brakes with her mother in the car. It's a foreshadowing of the anger and terrible emotion brewing.
Rose I just thought that the devastation of losing her mother again was too much for her.
Daniela I thought it was heart related due to her mother’s decision to leave her to help Andrea.
Lisa
Susan Grebe I don't like to think that Maeve would commit suicide. It doesn't seem in keeping with her character. She was a strong person, and didn't seem depressed. Earlier in the book, she said herself that people with Type One Diabetes have a much higher risk of developing heart problems. . And this is from the website of the National Institute of Health: "People with type 1 diabetes have a much greater risk of serious heart problems and early death. Over time, high blood glucose from diabetes can damage your blood vessels and the nerves that control your heart and blood vessels."
Mickey I think Danny nailed the answer to this. He always thought this his mother leaving made Maeve sick, and that if she returned, Maeve would die. I didn't need an exact cause of death.
Image for The Dutch House