Goodreads asked Mokokoma Mokhonoana:

Mokokoma Mokhonoana First thing first, I'm sorry for such an embarrassingly late reply. For some reason, I did not get notified when you made that enquiry. Anyway…

Although I have been writing for almost 8 years, I recently started (about 3 months ago) writing every single day — for at least 4 hours. That is the best decision I have ever made. Sadly, I used to write only when I felt like it, only when I felt inspired — worst decision I have ever made.

Anyway, the problem with waiting for inspiration is that you are unlikely to write regularly, even if you have a billion ideas and a million stories that you want to turn into books and essays.

What inspired that decision? An essay, "On the Shortness of Life," by Seneca and a book, "Daily Rituals," by Mason Currey.

I have shared a few extracts from that essay and that book on this website of mine: http://highlightsandnotes.com (feel free to browse if you have the time and the desire).
Mokokoma Mokhonoana
255 followers