Abby
Abby asked Jillian Dodd:

hey Jillian! what age did you discover you wanted to be a writer and when did you start writing?

Jillian Dodd I've been writing most of my life. Stories, journals, songs, musicals, picture stories, little comic books. But it wasn't something where I thought I want to be a writer. (In fact, English was one of my least favorite classes because they alway told us what we had to write about and there were so MANY rules regarding punctuation and grammar and proper essay formatting that it sucked the fun out it!) Anyway, all those things were just something I did for fun like art or painting. I went to college and got a degree in Textiles, Clothing, and Design and worked in retail, managing stores, being a buyer, merchandiser, and a manufacturer's rep. It wasn't until I had dreams of the scenes from That Boy that I was compelled to write like a book. A whole book. Then it turned out in such a way that I thought others might like it too. That book was published 3 1/2 years ago and I've written 8 more books since then! I think I'm a late bloomer! LOL.