Joyce
Joyce asked:

Spoiler alert! Who is the man in the last 2 pages watching the film?

To answer questions about The Disappeared, please sign up.
Margaret The point is to show that since there are peope who ask for this kind of pleasure this kind of crime will exist. So it doesn t really matter who is the man. Either an ordinary man or someone we have met in a book.
Susan
Lynda Kelly I thought Johan....assuming he was married-we didn't learn THAT much about him aside from his parentage.
Deepu i just completed The disappeared! Pretty confused about the ending...it can be Johan or Spencer. But Johan is no where said to be married ..and spencer being a scholar can have a library.My doubts are because the girl who accused him was standing firm on her statements.
Christina Hedges YES - I was coming here to ask the same thing. It said his "wife" so I wasn't thinking it could be Spencer, but who knows.
Tony I think this is designed to provioke exactly this type of question. Who is left behind and not prosecuted for their part. Victor? Spencer? Did we find out who actually committed the murder in the film?
Image for The Disappeared