Kathleen Bianchi

What age is this book for?

Trine I would say, that due to the subject and the science in the book, ages 8 and up. But even the 8-12 year olds might have the science go over their heads, depending on their interests in natural sciences and also the quality of their schools...
Roberta Maybe all children won't be ready for the whole book at the same age. I think Caitlin Doughty mentioned that some of these were real questions from children 8 or 9 years old. However, if a child asks questions earlier, a straightforward, factual answer is less scary than no answer.
Shannon Quinn I think that depends on the child. I think that most kids aged 8 and up would be able to understand most, if not all of it, however, if a child has never had ANY discussion about death or what it is, they may not understand. If a child is particularly sensitive, I would leave it up to the parent's discretion as well. It is all honest, correct information delivered with a heathy dose of humour, but some things asked are, for lack of a better term, kinda gross. Lol
Image for Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death