Goodreads asked Stacy McKitrick:

Stacy McKitrick My most recent finished book or my most recent published book or my most recent to be published book… I just find it hard to determine what is my most recent book! 

I’ll go with most recent finished.

BLIND TEMPTATION is about Victoria, a widowed vampire who’d been turned at 17, forced to take driver’s ed (or risk losing her position on the Committee) and Ben, her 39-year-old instructor, who just happens to be blind.

I know, I know. A blind driver’s ed teacher? Yeah, you read that right.

So what made me write about THAT? Well…

I had already created Victoria (in another book not for public consumption) and I wanted the next book to feature another Committee Member. But what kind of hero would interest her? Certainly not teenagers. She’s over 300 years old! But she feels no adult will take her seriously.

Then I remembered the character Auggie from “Covert Affairs.” Do you not know who he is? He’s in the CIA and he’s BLIND. I saw all that he could do, all the neat gadgets he used to integrate, and it intrigued me. A blind hero would be perfect for Victoria. And he had to be older, too. A man, not a boy.

So how could I get these two together and make it interesting? The drivers’ ed class just came to me in the shower. What can I say? But I certainly get a lot of raised eyebrows when I tell them my hero is a blind drivers’ ed instructor. I hope I’ve written these characters enough justice for this book to eventually be published. We’ll see!