Goodreads asked Elizabeth Eagan-Cox:

Elizabeth Eagan-Cox "River Ghost" a paranormal mystery novelette (ebook, only) was inspired by the city that is the setting: Vicksburg, Mississippi, as well as, my ancestry. This past year I collected the Civil War file, from the National Archives, on an ancestor who was a Confederate soldier. Unlike stereotypes about Confederates, my ancestor was not a slave owner. He endured a POW camp, and was part of a prisoner exchange that happened in V-burg. After his release, he went home and then a few months later, mustered up, again, knowing he would be killed on the spot if caught. In reading more about him, his spirit caught hold of me.

River Ghost is not part of a series, the main character is Corlah Kellian. I chose "Corlah" because it is on old Southern name, one I have come across in census records and ancestry research.

UPDATE, September 1st, 2014: River Ghost is out in ebook formats, worldwide. B&N/Nook picked it up right away, so did other retailers. Please know that Amazon/KINDLE has River Ghost, it was distributed to Amazon the same week all retailers got the book. As to when Amazon will list the book... well... only Amazon has that answer.