Elona
Elona asked:

How does he keeps the reader interested when he changes the story to Elya Yelnats and everything ?

To answer questions about Holes, please sign up.
Dorry Pease I personally think that the characters Sacher brings into the story are a telling reason why it IS so interesting. Sacher has the ability in most of his stories [and there are a lot of them around different characters, humorous and serious] to use a common thread. In the case of HOLES, there are two threads. One thread is the main character, Stanley, and the other thread is the HOLE itself. With these two threads, Sacher, tells us Stanley's life and his discovery of what "truth' really means.
Of course, these are just my thoughts. Dorry C Pease
Katelyn in my opinion all the writing about the past and everything is one of the points that make this story so amazing and so uncannily brilliant. If the author didn't write everything about Sam the onion man and the no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather we wouldn't know the whole story and how everything fits together so perfectly
Hadolph this is a really good book
Aislyn During the 'main event' chapters of the book, it asks questions about the 'backstory' part of the book, which are later answered in the 'backstory' chapters. This draws readers in and makes them wait for the satisfying conclusion.
Gabby_H I think that he keeps them interested by showing how it correlates directly to Stanley and how time tends to repeat itself. The fact that he ended up in the same place that his grandfather did is how he kept me interested.
Aryan Simple. This question could also be How does an author keep an interested through a novel? My answer is the characters. I was interested in Elya Yelnats as a character. He had a clear goal which he wanted to achieve, making him understandable. The unfolding of that story also was interesting. This is true for Kissin' Kate Barlow's story.
Maryam I think he uses different techniques to get the reader curious and create more suspense. He did a very good job at writing a creative story. He made holes more interesting than they ever were before.
Samuel Sebakumar What stands out in the book Holes?
Maryam tello if he didnt we will not know the whole story
Image for Holes