Jack Tyler
Jack Tyler asked Kara Jorgensen:

Hi, Kara. I just visited your website. It's pretty deep, and will take more than a cursory examination to really absorb what's there. So, do you do a lot of in-depth planning before a post, or just sit down and "wing it?" How about your books? Wings or notebooks?

Kara Jorgensen I'm assuming you checked out my blog (I just updated my website on here to www.karajorgensen.weebly.com ). With my blog posts, I tend to have an idea and just wing it. I'll edit it, but winging tends to be how it goes since blogs tend to be a source of free-writing for me.
With my books, I am a planner and outliner. I never have the whole story plotted, but I have a basic idea of where it is going and make outlines for the next five chapters or so. That way, I have a clear path of what I need to cover, but I leave enough wiggle room in case my characters have other plans about what they will be doing.