Odalis Hoffman
Odalis Hoffman asked Penelope Douglas:

How do you come up with the names for your characters? I love the name Fallon and honestly had never heard of it before until reading Rival. I also love the name Tate. Do you have the names in mind before you put "pen to paper" or do the names evolve during writing?

Penelope Douglas Great question!

Some of the names just happened. Jared and Tate just popped in my head. I thought about it very little. I have a thing for "J" names, and I didn't realize it until I had Jared, Jax, Jason, Juliet...yeah.

Fallon comes from Jimmy Fallon, whom I love, and I always liked the sound of it. Madoc and Jax are from baby name sites. I wanted new ideas, so I went online and found those, although Jax isn't that original anymore. LOL

I almost always go for boy names for the girls. My daughter is named Aydan. Then we have Tate, Fallon, K.C. (Casey), Jess, Devon, Toni (minor characters in the stories), so yeah, there's a pattern.

Thank you for your question!